Errors and omissions are excepted. We have taken reasonable steps to ensure that the Website and all information provided on or through it is accurate. However, The Baskerville Arms assumes no responsibility for information contained on this Website or any external site that it links to, and disclaims all liability in respect of such information. We shall not be held liable for any losses you suffer, including any indirect or consequential loss, including but not limited to loss of business or profits or any other financial loss arising out of or in any way connected with the use of this Site.
1. Prices shown in the rates include a complimentary continental breakfast and all taxes (a £15 supplement will be added to single night bookings on a Friday or Saturday). Breakfast is served from 8.30-9.30am. Large groups wishing breakfast earlier than this should request it at booking time, however, we always do early breakfast during the Hay Festival and the Royal Welsh shows for all guests. A cooked breakfast is also available and can be provided at an additional charge (From £3.95).
2. Dinner inclusive tariffs: Dinner is normally selected from our current menu & specials. The spend limit is £17.50 per person. i.e. £35 per couple, per night, which normally allows a 2 or 3 course meal depending on cost choice. Don’t worry if you get carried away with our delicious food – the few pounds you may go over is simply added to the room bill! The allowance is applied to evening meals only and cannot be transferred or used by any other person other than the registered room occupants. All drinks, hot & cold, are at extra cost.
3. Card Policy: All bookings must be secured by a major credit or debit card (excluding Amex or Diners). We pre-authorise all cards for the full amount of the stay – this may affect your cards’ credit limit. Guests can opt to pay by any means at checkout, but a valid debit/credit card authorisation is still required as security for all bookings regardless of payment method. Payment using a credit card will attract a 2% surcharge; debit cards do not. Sorry, but we do not accept cheques. Room fees and any services must be settled in full on check-out, unless by prior arrangement.
4. Cancellations: In the event of non-arrival, early termination after check-in, or cancellation within 1 week of the date of arrival, a charge equivalent to the total reservations made may be levied at the discretion of the proprietors. If the room(s) can be re-let, this will be taken in account if any charge is made. For bookings made by private individuals (Agencies : see Para 10.), cancellations before the 1 week period will not be liable for a further charge. However, if a deposit has been taken, then it is non-refundable.
5. Deposits are not normally taken for stays in a single room for periods of 3 days and under; however, a credit/debit card authorisation is completed after all bookings, as stated under Card Policy. A deposit is normally required for multiple room bookings, bookings during holidays or festivals, or bookings in excess of 3 nights. All deposits, if taken, are non-refundable in the event of a cancellation.
6. Latest arrival time is 9.00pm. Access to the Inn during silent hours after 9.00pm is impossible if you have not checked in and obtained your key earlier in the day. Check-out time on the date of departure is 10:30am or before. If the room is not vacated by this time, the guest may be subject to a further charge
7. Check-in time is between 13:00 hrs and 21.00 hrs However, please note that reception is closed from 3pm to 6pm Monday to Saturday, so please arrive outside of these times. .Early check-in is often possible; please ring on the morning of arrival only, for room availability.
8. Dogs of any description are only allowed in certain rooms and are subject to an additional charge. Guests must declare a dog at booking time, otherwise an additional cleaning charge may be made in non-dog friendly rooms to guard against allergic reactions to subsequent occupants. Dogs (except guide dogs) are not allowed into the restaurants, but may, if of suitable size and temperament, take their owners into the public bar where food is available. Please note that dogs are not allowed into the beer garden where children play; however, there are a number of circuits nearby to walk your dog and deal with the inevitable little packages. Please also be aware that a dog staying with us, has to be able to be left alone in the room or the guests car during breakfast-time; staffing issues prevent us from serving breakfast in the bar.
9. All special offers for rooms, food or drink are subject to availability and may not applicable during festival, bank holiday or some function nights, unless otherwise stated. Special offers cannot be taken in combination with any other special offer, bar deal, theme food night or reduced tariff deal we have made. Offers have to be claimed if appropriate e.g. A free bottle of wine, should it be part of a deal, can be obtained at the bar; we will not prompt you! Reduced rate room offers only apply to new bookings. All offers and deals are also subject to change or removal at any time without notification. Flash Deals for rooms, have special terms and conditions attached, which normally means you have obligations to buy meals. If the obligation is not met, rates will normally return to rack rates. Please contact us if in doubt.
9a. Discounted Voucher Holders e.g. GoGroupie, Buy-a-Gift, Wowcher etc, have their own terms and conditions attached to their offer(all vouchers have weekend supplements from £10/night). Please see your voucher for clarification. Voucher deals cannot be combined with any other accomodation, food or drink deals or discounted menus that we may offer from time to time. If a meal is included, it is from our standard A la Carte menu and specials only. Steak & Seafood night or any other discounted menus are excluded.
10. Agencies: The Baskerville Arms does not accept any bookings made by agencies, booking agents or travel companies, unless by prior arrangement. On no account will invoices be settled for any agency on any booking related issue unless by prior agreement with the Inn. Agency bookings that are accepted and confirmed by the Inn, and subsequently cancelled by the agency, will be subject to full payment for the period booked at the time of cancellation regardless of cancellation date.
11. Smoking is against Welsh law and not allowed in any areas or rooms of this Inn. A deep cleaning charge will be made for any incidents of smoking in rooms and billed to the credit or debit card securing the booking.
12. By agreeing to these terms & conditions, a guest assumes responsibilities for any damage caused by him or her or any children thereof, whether staying in the same or a different room to the adult guest, and agrees to make good or pay restitution for any material damage to furniture, the building fabric or Inn equipment however caused. Children under 18 years of age staying in an separate room to parents do so with the hotels permission only, and must be closely supervised by parents at all times.
13. Vehicles: All vehicles are parked at the owners’ risk. Should theft , damage, act of god or otherwise occur with a vehicle in the Inn car park, the Inn cannot accept any liability.
14. Functions and Private Parties. If a function room is required for sole use, a room fee is generally required along with the cost of providing any special decorations, equipment or layout. Fees start at £25. Set meals for over 20 people must be pre-ordered. We will supply a spreadsheet to help with this. A deposit of 20% of the estimated cost is requested a week before the function and the numbers that are supplied at this time will be billed for on the day. Balance of payment is required on the day and can be made in cash or by card (surcharge on credit cards). Sorry, but cheques are not accepted.
15. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of your booking, mistakes do happen and amendments will sometimes be necessary. We reserve the right to make minor changes both before and after your booking has been made. Where a major change is necessary you will be notified immediately and you will have a choice of the following: a) Accepting the altered terms or the alternative arrangements that we may be able to offer together with any difference in price. b) Cancelling your booking with us without charge. c) Provision of an alternative booking arrangement at the discretion of Inn. Please note that we cannot accept bookings more than 6 months in advance – especially for such events as the RWS and Hay festivals. Potential guests can go on a waiting list however, but we would not confirm till within the 6 month period.
15a. Voucher deals. Where a booking is made on the strength of a group buying type voucher, a guest pays a third party company and in turn, we claim that money from the same company. This system works well. However, we cannot be held responsible for non-payment of vouchers by any group buying company and in the extreme (if a company were to cease trading or for some reason, not pay fees due for example) we would have to cancel any voucher booking made, if it becomes obvious that we would not be paid for the stay.
16. The Inn keeps the email address of ex-guests and any email enquiry or booking it receives, to send updates of short breaks and special events via email from time to time. If you have supplied your email address to us, we assume you also give your consent to go onto our regular mailing list. You would be able to unsubscribe from this at any time. We also undertake not to pass on or sell your details to any third parties.
17. An extract of these terms & conditions is sent to a guest with the booking confirmation from the Inn and offered during check-in when a signature is required. If there are no representations from a guest within 7 days of receipt of confirmation or during check in, then acceptance of the terms as above are assumed.